Based in Reigate, my client, one of the UK’s leading childcare providers is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivational Nursery Manager to run their well-established and thriving Nursery.
- Promote high standards of quality within the nursery in respect of the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Ensure that all children attending the nursery receive rich and stimulating experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand and, when necessary, follow Safeguarding Procedures.
- Promote and facilitate partnerships with parents/carers and other family members.
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion..
- Establish, develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority Departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies.
- Create and maintain a culture of self-evaluation and reflective practise throughout the nursery.
- Manage the day-to-day operation in order to ensure the health and safety of the children, their parents and carers, the team and any visitors to the nursery.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
- Be responsible for ensuring the nursery remains compliant in respect of suitably trained staff with relevant first aid qualifications.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all staff receive Health and Safety training.
- Manage staff costs with regard to budget projections.
- Maintain accurate records and accounts for the nursery and produce management information as required.
- Level 3 Qualification or above in childcare
- Previous managerial experience within an early years setting
- An strong understanding of the developmental needs of children.
- Knowledge and strong understanding of safeguarding good practice
This Nursery provides an outstanding amount of benefits, and as part of a team you are entitled to the following:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance, including paid Christmas shut down.
- ‘Wellbeing Day’ – a paid day off to focus on your health and wellbeing.
- Heavily discounted childcare at our nurseries.
- Ongoing professional development, training and promotional opportunities.
- Recognition point scheme (gaining points to spend in high street shops.)
- Pension Scheme
- Complimentary uniform
- Staff referral scheme
- Discounted dentistry/private healthcare
- Award ceremonies including all-inclusive paid meals
Location: Reigate, Surrey
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 per annum
Hours: Monday-Friday 40 hours per week