Based in Southampton, my client is looking to recruit an Level 2 or 3 Early Years Practitioner to join the busy team within the nursery.
- Liaise with and support parents, carers and other family members
- Experienced in providing high-quality childcare for children aged 4 months – 5 years – ideally in a nursery, with some knowledge of health and safety
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times, including company business and any information regarding children or parents
- At all times abide by the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage and guidelines as laid down by OFSTED and the local authority.
- Interact with children positively at all times, encouraging appropriate behaviour, social skills and hygiene routines
- Undertake certain domestic duties within the nursery i.e. general cleaning and laundry duties when required
- Take all practical and reasonable steps to ensure the safety & wellbeing of all who use the premises
- Attend and participate during regular parents’ evenings and staff meetings outside normal working hours
- Remain flexible with regard to cover within the nursery, especially during busy periods and contribute as a team member.
- Adhere to all company policies & procedures
- A minimum of a full and relevant level 2 childcare qualification
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework
- A Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Experience of observing, assessing and planning for children’s learning & development
- Level 3 childcare qualification
Hours: 40 hours per week between 7.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000 per annum
Our aim is to contact all successful applications within 5 days of receiving your application. Should you not of heard within 5 days, please feel free to contact us to confirm that your application has been received.