Based in Andover, my client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Toddler Room Leader to join their OFSTED rated, ‘Outstanding’ Nursery.
- Lead by example and act as a role model to all staff, students, and volunteers supporting their individual training requirements.
- Provide constructive feedback to staff to help them to improve within their roles as practitioners.
- Use own knowledge and experiences to assess staff’s strengths and support them to develop their areas of weakness.
- Ensure the staff team have good morale and are positive members of the team.
- Implement and monitor SMART targets for staff.
- Develop relationships with parents which enables them to be fully involved in their children’s education including taking an active role in supporting their children to make good development progress.
- Attend and participate during regular parents’ evenings and staff meetings outside normal working hours.
- Be the first point of call should parents have any concerns or feedback regarding the room Leadership and Management.
- Oversee the smooth running and high quality early years practice within the room, promoting best practice at all times.
- Abide by the company’s health and safety policy by taking all practical and reasonable steps to ensure the wellbeing of all who use the premises.
- Implement feedback and advice, delegating jobs and checking they have been completed to a high quality.
- Ensure the daily routine is followed and that staff understand their roles and responsibilities throughout the day.
- Manage monthly room budget.
- Implement anti discriminatory practices, manage children’s behaviour within the nursery’s policies and guidelines, abide by the company’s equal opportunities policy and work in close partnership with parents at all times.
- Assist the Manager in promoting equal opportunities throughout the nursery.
- Adhere to the company’s child protection policy.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times, including company business and any information regarding children, parents or staff.
- Experience of working with young children from birth to 5 years.
- Minimum of level 3 in Early Years Childcare and Education or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of key person systems and record keeping.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Strong communication and leadership ability with colleagues, parents and children.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Thorough understanding of safeguarding issues and processes.
- Thorough understanding of equal opportunities for children, colleagues and parents.
- Awareness of health and safety and practical hygiene issues.
- Ability to be a good role model to colleagues, motivate them and work with them.
- Strong working knowledge of curriculum frameworks e.g. EYFS.
- Thorough knowledge of child development.
- Genuine love of the profession and desire to enable children to reach their full potential
- Ability to use initiative.
- Willing to learn new skills and undertake continuous professional development.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable and calm under pressure.
Salary: £21,216 to £21,632 per annum
Hours: Monday-Friday 40 hours per week
Our aim is to contact all successful applications within 5 working day of receiving your application. Should you not of heard within 5 days, please feel free to contact us to confirm that your application has been received.