Based near Botley, my client is looking to recruit a SEN Early Years Practitioner to join their friendly, busy team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with an individual child on a 1:1 basis to maintain an in-depth focus on their needs, interests and development.
- Ensure all their planning, profiles and paperwork is kept up to date in accordance with EYFS and OFSTED requirements.
- Plan and implement individual learning plans.
- Provide 1:1 sensory and language support.
- Responsible to the SENCO.
- Provide inspirational opportunities for children’s play and care, incorporating planned, routine and spontaneous activities which meet the needs of all children.
- Responsible for ensuring progression and that the development of each child is recognized, recorded and shared appropriately with parents and colleagues.
- Ensure that the physical and emotional welfare of the children remains the highest priority at all times, and report areas of concern to the nursery SENCO or leadership team.
- To work in compliance with the organisation’s childcare policies and procedures.
- To take part in training courses, conferences and nursery meetings as directed by management, some of which maybe outside of normal working hours.
- To continually update knowledge of current childcare issues, legislation and practices.
- Anything else reasonably requested by the management of the organization.
- To act in the interests of your own safety & the safety of others at all times.
- To follow all Safeguarding, Child Protection and Safer Working practice policies at all times.
- Taking any concerns regarding a health or/and wellbeing to your line manager or senior management.
- 2 years experience working with children
- An understanding of the developmental needs of children.
- Basic Knowledge of health and safety
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding good practice
- Ideally have a Level 3 qualification in childcare
Location: Botley – Hampshire
Salary: : £9,552.15 – £10,366.92 per annum, dependent on qualifications and experience
Hours: 24 hours per week, (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. 8.30am – 5.30pm), Term Time Only
Fixed Term Contract – January 2022-31st August 2023
Our aim is to contact all successful applications within 5 days of receiving your application. Should you not of heard within 5 days, please feel free to contact us to confirm that your application has been received.