Based in Poole, my client is looking to recruit a Payroll Assistant to join the busy company on a part time basis.
- To ensure effective payroll processing for all facilities.
- To be conversant in all aspects of payroll processes and controls.
- To be able to complete work to tight deadlines and work on own initiative.
- To uphold company policies as documented in the Business Strategy.
- To maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures.
- To provide accurate information to the Finance Manager supporting management accounts.
- To be responsible for the quality and timeliness of all work submitted.
- To ensure correct practise, legalities and responsibilities in respect of payroll and pension legislation is maintained and where action is required, report to the Finance Manager.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Update payroll records, process payroll journals and reconciliations
- Process starters and leavers including changes to terms and conditions of employment and pay changes and tax code changes
- Process sickness and holiday pay and statutory entitlements
- Set up pension and process monthly pension submissions
- Submit monthly PAYE submissions to HMRC
- Process Year End Procedures including submitting the P60
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests to management
- Process expenses and other ADHOC duties as required
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Communicate with Directors on the issue of employee bonus’s.
- Ensure all Holiday Forms are recorded on the Company Calendar so schedulers and management can view.
Salary: £11.30 – £12.00 per hour
Hours: 18 – 22 hours per week including Monday and Tuesday
Location: Poole, Dorset
Our aim is to contact all successful applications within 5 days of receiving your application. Should you not of heard within 5 days, please feel free to contact us to confirm that your application has been received.