Based in Haywards Heath, my client is looking to recruit Early Years Practitioners to work at their well-established and reputable nursery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide indoor and outdoor play experiences for the children in line with the policies of the Nursery and the guidelines of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To participate in activity planning and implementation under the supervision and direction of the Lead Practitioner.
- To help monitor the all-round development of the children through the key person system, regular observations and record keeping.
- To help maintain the safety, security, physical and emotional welfare of the children in the Nursery and garden environments.
- To bring to the immediate attention of the Lead Practitioner and/or Manager, any incidents or accidents.
- To arrange for any individual to receive immediate first-aid and informing the Manager as appropriate.
- To work positively with team members.
- To act in the interests of your own safety & the safety of others at all times
- To attend training sessions and staff meetings as necessary.
- To support, supervise and assist all students in the Nursery, giving practical help and advice with assessments.
- To inform the Manager if staffing levels are not met because of an emergency.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of current childcare issues, legislation and practices.
- Anything else reasonably requested by the management of the organisation
Person Specification & Key Competencies
- Level 2 or 3 qualification in childcare
- Previous childcare experience
- An understanding of the developmental needs of children.
- Basic Knowledge of health and safety
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding good practice
As part of the team, you will also benefit from the following:
- An excellent salary package which is reviewed every April
- Teaching and learning support from Senior Leaders
- Staff childcare discount (up to 50%)
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications and develop your career in a widely growing company
- Weekly and monthly employee recognition prizes and bonuses
- You will receive regular supervisions in which targets to further your career are set, gain bonuses, and a larger hourly rate will be explained and planned clearly.
- Free staff breakfast
- Paid medical appointments
- Annual award ceremony with staff awards, recognition and company plans
- Bonus scheme
- Paid training, enabling you to continue to learn and grow
- Online staff group to share ideas, practices and get to know everyone
- Free staff car parking
- Company pension scheme
Location: Haywards Heath
Salary: £20,980 – £26,600 per annum
Hours: 30-40 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Our aim is to contact all successful applications within 5 days of receiving your application. Should you not of heard within 5 days, please feel free to contact us to confirm that your application has been received.