Based on the outskirts of Reading, my client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivational Nursery Manager to run their prestigious early years setting.
- Lead and manage the early years provision, taking responsibility for the welfare, care, learning and all round development of the children.
- Manage the childcare staffing team, including recruitment, staff planning, rosters and performance management.
- Help to formulate the aims and objectives of the Foundation Stage/Early Years and policies for their implementation
- Keep up to date with current issues in teaching and learning and in school improvement in the Foundation Stage/Early Years and to share this with staff
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the policies, practices, targets and priorities in the EYFS, identifying developments needed and working with the Head of Junior Prep to achieve these
- Act as the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Teach pupils in the Nursery/Kindergarten Class
- Play a major role in the development of high quality teaching and learning in the EYFS including the monitoring of curriculum planning and the giving of feedback and advice and assisting and supporting colleagues with the planning and delivery of the EYFS
- Act as a mentor to the EYFS staff where appropriate
- Ensure that parents and pupils are well informed about the EYFS curriculum/development matters, attainment and progress and are able to understand and contribute to targets for improvement
- Write reports and attend parent meetings
- Promote self-discipline, high standards of behaviour and positive attitudes on the part of all children and to implement policies and procedures to foster them
- Liaise with colleagues in order to support the successful transition of all pupils through the Early Years from Nursery to Reception.
- Ensure that a high standard of care and good order for all children is maintained
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of all children
- Promote a happy and welcoming atmosphere for children, parents, staff and visitors.
- Fully support the life and work of the school
- Develop and maintain positive and effective professional relationships with colleagues, parents, the local community and Governors
- Develop and maintain links with the LA Advisory and Support Services
- Attend INSET and Full staff meetings when required.
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety
- Appropriate Early Years Qualification or equivalent
- GCSE English & Mathematics or equivalent at grade A-C
- Experience working with young children and/or in a nursery provision
- Understanding of the EYFS framework
- Excellent communication skills to deal with both colleagues and parents
- A passion for supporting children in education, energetic, enthusiastic and motivated when working with children.
Location: Outskirts of Reading
Salary: £32,000 – £36,000 per annum
Hours: Monday-Friday 40 hours per week
Our aim is to contact all successful applications within 5 working day of receiving your application. Should you not of heard within 5 days, please feel free to contact us to confirm that your application has been received.