Based in Windsor, my client, is looking to recruit a KS1 Class Teacher (ECT), to join their thriving and well-established preparatory school.
This role would be suitable for a newly qualified early years/KS1 teacher to start September 2022.
- To work with other teachers in the year group and produce careful planning sheets to facilitate the teaching of the UK curriculum.
- To track children’s progress through the production of online learning journals.
- To communicate fully with parents both informally and formally through parents’ evenings and written reports.
- To attend Open Days, and other events such as information evenings, to improve communication between home and school.
- To keep updated on the National Curriculum and keep abreast of current educational thinking.
- To attend regular INSET courses recommended by the school as necessary for professional development.
- To participate in a lunchtime supervision rota and willingly undertake any school duties such as lunch and break time supervision.
- To attend parent evenings, staff meetings and departmental meetings, and to take part in any after school activities such as clubs and homework as required.
- To prepare the classroom prior to the beginning of term and clear it appropriately at the end of term.
- To create a stimulating and exciting atmosphere in the classroom, through attractive display of children’s work, use of books, artefacts etc.
- To be responsible for all the children in their care and ensure each child is nurtured, encouraged, stimulated, challenged and stretched to ensure good progress is continually maintained.
- To be concerned with the general welfare of the children including their health and safety. The children should be supervised at all times. Excellent relationships are to be maintained with the children and safeguarding pupils is a priority.
- To liaise with members of the Senior Leadership Team and the Head and ensure each is always kept well informed.
- To be responsible to see that the children are registered accurately twice a day in line with the school’s procedure and sick notes are followed up.
- To book excursions and visitors as laid down in the staff handbook and enter these in the due diligence records.
- To take a class assembly and an assembly when required.
- To undertake such other duties consistent with the nature and responsibility of the post as may reasonably be assigned by the Head.
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Professional approach to parents and colleagues
- Motivational and enthusiastic approach to work with children
- Emotional resilience in the working environment
- Ability to use information technology to supplement education
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interested in extending knowledge and developing professional practice.
Salary: £28,000 – £29,500 per annum
Our aim is to contact all successful applications within 5 working day of receiving your application. Should you not of heard within 5 days, please feel free to contact us to confirm that your application has been received.