Based in Bradley Stoke, my client is looking to recruit enthusiastic Early Years Practitioners to work at their well-established and reputable nursery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide indoor and outdoor play experiences for the children in line with the policies of the Nursery and the guidelines of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To participate in activity planning and implementation under the supervision and direction of the Lead Practitioner.
- To help monitor the all-round development of the children through the key person system, regular observations and record keeping.
- To help maintain the safety, security, physical and emotional welfare of the children in the Nursery and garden environments.
- To bring to the immediate attention of the Lead Practitioner and/or Manager, any incidents or accidents.
- To arrange for any individual to receive immediate first-aid and informing the Manager as appropriate.
- To work positively with team members.
- To act in the interests of your own safety & the safety of others at all times
- To support, supervise and assist all students in the Nursery, giving practical help and advice with assessments.
- To inform the Manager if staffing levels are not met because of an emergency.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of current childcare issues, legislation and practices.
- Anything else reasonably requested by the management of the organisation
Person Specification & Key Competencies
- Level 3 qualification in childcare
- An understanding of the developmental needs of children
- Basic Knowledge of health and safety
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding good practice
Location: Bradley Stoke
Salary: £21,637 – £24,960 per annum
Our aim is to contact all successful applications within 5 days of receiving your application. Should you not of heard within 5 days, please feel free to contact us to confirm that your application has been received.