Based in Eastleigh, my client is looking to recruit an Community Manager to join their friendly, expanding and busy Charity team.
- To create a warm, welcoming and friendly atmosphere so that the building genuinely is the hub of activity for the new estate.
- To use entrepreneurial flair, financial acumen and people skills, to bring people into the building and drive its income targets.
- To forge partnerships and connections across the estate.
- To facilitate the design and delivery of an exciting programme of activities and events.
- To be responsible for the creation of programmes responding to the wants and needs of the community as a whole.
- Manage and drive bookings from individuals and groups.
- To be responsible for recruiting, training and managing a team of staff and volunteers for all aspects of the Community Branch Operation.
- To directly manage The Nursery Manager, Chef and others as required.
- To be responsible for the security, safety and maintenance of the building.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and requirements.
- To ensure a high degree of cleanliness.
- To manage heating and cooling systems appropriately.
- Act in the interests of your own safety & the safety of others at all times.
- To ensure compliance with all policies and procedures. These include Child protection, Health and Safety, Human Resources and Financial policies.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities reasonably requested by management
- To report any matters of risk to Management and upwards as far at the Board of Trustees if required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience working with people in a community context; planning and delivering programmes and activities
- Experience in leading and managing teams and projects.
- An ability to set and manage budgets, with the proven expertise in meeting financial targets.
- Knowledge of health and safety and ability to complete risk assessments.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and an inclusive approach.
- Experience of managing a hospitality venue, hotel, or community centre – is desirable.
- Community development experience – is desirable.
- Skills in mentoring and coaching both staff and volunteers – is desirable.
- Knowledge of safeguarding and measures to protect children and vulnerable adults as well as self. – is desirable.
- Qualifications in: Health and Safety at Work, First Aid, Food hygiene– is desirable.
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 per annum (Dependant on Qualifications and Experience)
Hours: 30- 40 hours per week, including some weekends and evenings.
Our aim is to contact all successful applications within 5 days of receiving your application. Should you not of heard within 5 days, please feel free to contact us to confirm that your application has been received